Saturday, February 23, 2019

Beaverton - Oyatsupan Bakers

We frequently shop at the Walker Road Fred Meyer, and my sisters refill on Diet Coke at the nearby McDonald's almost every time, so we have seen the Oyatsupan that shares the parking lot many times. We finally made it inside.

Even before entering the store I was delighted to find this adorable sign. I was thinking it was just something cute that they added, but it goes with an overall theme.

These same animals adorn the labels that identify the various baked goods as well. I appreciate the cuteness of the labeling, which goes well with the overall feeling of the shop.


I also appreciate the conscientiousness of the labeling, which carefully identifies possible allergens.

There are several options for purchases. As you enter you find an arrangement of preserves, right next to a display of refrigerated baked goods.

The real stars are the other baked goods, with doughnuts, horns, and the namesake "pans".

We split up a selection of five pastries and found they divided pretty well. It is understandable if you don't want to share, but you can try more different things if you do.

Our big mistake was not trying the beef curry doughnut, which gets rave reviews. However I do recommend the chocolate chip melon pan. I also like the chocolate filling in some of the pastries, which reminds me of chocolate I have had in Italy: dark, but sweeter than our usual dark chocolate.

Oyatsupan is also a good place to get lunch, with a choice of baguette sandwiches and tea sandwiches served with salad. Prices seem reasonable; the deservedly popular katsu pork sandwich plate was $6.00, or you could have the ham and cheese baguette for $8.50.

I am sure we will go back.
 
https://www.oyatsupan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment