Saturday, February 28, 2015

Disneyland - Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue










https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/big-thunder-ranch-bbq/

The most expensive place we ate on this trip was at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ.

Yes, that is knowing that eating in the park is expensive in general. We did not eat at Blue Bayou this time, but I believe it would still have been the most expensive. It can still be a good value.

We went for the lunch buffet. That includes unlimited ribs, chicken, coleslaw, beans, and cornbread. There were free refills on drinks. The dinner buffet adds corn on the cob and sausage.

You are paying for atmosphere and entertainment. There is music and singing and the cast members do a good job of including the children. The decor is great. Even the little touches like the drinks being served in Mason jars was a nice touch. It gives you the feeling of a ranch.

You are also getting a lot of food, and the food is pretty good. The meat was tender and flavorful. I was especially impressed with the chicken breast, as I often don't like white meat, but this was good. And they will keep bringing it, so it is possible to get your money's worth, if these food choices work for you.

It was not ideal for us. I am the only carnivore in my family. Between them my sisters had three pieces of meat, so we really only had one bucket, even though we could have had more. (I thought of it as my chance to stock up on protein.) I do not like baked beans or coleslaw, so I did not try those. They were reported to be okay. We all had cornbread. (It was fine, but mine's better.) We did not get the full value of the meal.

That doesn't mean that other people wouldn't, so that's something to consider when going. You can sit down, be entertained, and eat as much as you want, with them bringing the food to you. That can be a great experience. It is going to be more expensive, and one of the places where it is appropriate to tip.

I am glad we tried it once, but we probably won't do it again just because of the factors I've already mentioned.

If you do go, it is additional money to get the desserts, but those are pretty good values because they are huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment