Saturday, February 21, 2015

Disney California Adventure - Lucky Fortune Cookery


https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/lucky-fortune-cookery/

This is my new favorite.

The first time we ate at the Pacific Wharf, you have one space with a lot of tables surrounded by room for three restaurants. One was the Pacific Wharf Cafe, where you can get Boudin Bread Bowls. There were also signs for a Chinese restaurant and a Mexican restaurant, but for a long time they weren't open.

Both are running now. We have still not tried the Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill but part of that is that I ate at Lucky Fortune twice.

I love Chinese food, but that is not really what this is. However, I also like rice bowls pretty well, and that is what you have here.

The bowls come in cardboard takeout containers. You do get chopsticks and a fortune cookie.

There is rice, and your choice of beef, chicken, or tofu for your protein. Then you choose your sauce: Mandarin Orange, Spicy Korean, Teriyaki, or Coconut Curry.

My sisters had the Teriyaki chicken, and didn't think it was that great. I had the Coconut Curry chicken, and I liked it so much that when my sisters went to Award Weiners on a different day I bought my lunch at Lucky Fortune and carried it all the way to Hollywood Land to eat with them. I really liked it.

I knew it would have made sense to try one of the other sauces, but I wanted the Coconut Curry again. I really liked it. I bet it would be good with beef.

There is always that tug between trying something new and sticking with the things you like, but this time trying something new really worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment