Saturday, March 2, 2024

Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas

Not far from M & M's World in Las Vegas is what I had been thinking of as Coca-Cola World, but apparently that is just in Atlanta. This is a Coca-Cola retail store. (There is another one in Orlando and one in Atlanta, at the World of Coca-Cola.)

It certainly is a retail space. In addition to various flavors of Coke -- some of which are hard to find at your local grocery -- there was merchandising.

Sure, the various beverage containers made sense, but there was probably more clothing, much of it featuring the iconic polar bear.

Not all of it had the bear...
.. but a lot of it did.

I had noticed a lot of Halloween-themed M&M's merchandise there in October, but the Coke selection seemed to trend more toward Christmas.

I am not as into shopping as my sisters, but I did enjoy looking around.

I wanted an experience beyond shopping, though, so that is why I decided to go for the Taste of the World beverage tray at the Coca-Cola Fountain. Look at the colors!

Each cup is on the appropriate number, and the sheet on each tray tells you what you are drinking.

My personal favorites were Peru's Inca Kola and Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica. However, seeing names like "sour plum" and "melon", I did not like many of them, and that was not completely unpredictable.

Taste preferences do have a lot to do with what you are used to; I don't regret the experience. However, if I end up back at the Fountain, I will probably just get a Coke float.

COVID: There was a fair amount of people, and I do recommend masking.

Accessibility: The aisles do not seem quite as roomy here, which could cause navigation issues. There are two levels, but there is an elevator. 

That reminds me...

One of the most striking features of the building when I first visited in 2000 was the giant Coke bottle containing the elevator. The space has been reconfigured. You use a different elevator for the store, and the one in the bottle only takes you to Outback Steakhouse.

There's a sign forbidding beverages, so they are like "Don't even think about having a Coke inside this GIANT COKE BOTTLE ELEVATOR!

I mean, if we don't respect trademarking and commercialization in Las Vegas, exactly where are we going to respect it?


Regardless, it was a fun visit. I can't guarantee that I will return to Las Vegas anytime soon, but if it does happen, I would return to the store. I would also go to Atlanta.

https://www.coca-colastore.com/retail/las-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment