Saturday, August 29, 2020

Sandy, Oregon - Joe's Donut Shop


For many years I had heard the legend of Joe's Donut Sop in Sandy, Oregon. One coworker described it as being where you eat a doughnut and think, "Now that's what a doughnut should taste like!" Even knowing that, I never made it there until a few weeks ago.

It is in a noticeable red and white brick building right by City Hall, on Highway 26 (though while in Sandy it is Pioneer Blvd).

Indoor seating is not allowed during the pandemic, but Meinig Memorial Park is just behind the shop, and can be a nice place to relax with your doughnuts.

There is a lot to choose from, with a few different pricing categories...

... but the staff was pretty helpful.

I thought we ended up with an impressive selection, especially because the apple fritters didn't fit, and had to go into a little bag.

We reunited the apple fritters with their friends as soon as possible.

Those were probably my favorites, though I had never had Pershings before, and they were pretty good.

I was really impressed with the chocolate frosting that they used as well. I didn't expect it to be bad, but it was really good!

I tend to think the raised doughnuts were better than the cake doughnuts (even knowing that is a very subjective measure), but I feel pretty safe saying that you are not going to come away with a bad doughnut, not matter in which direction you do or doughnut go.

But I do wish they would fix that noticeable typo on the web page.

https://www.joes-donuts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment