Saturday, June 13, 2020

Sherwood - The Hungry Hero Dessert Company

We had heard good things about the Hungry Hero, but we had not made it there. Their fundraiser for Black Lives Matter was the push we needed.

There was a line, not just due to social distancing. Things still moved along pretty quickly.


On going in, everything looks good. One thing I had not realized was that there is a little bit of an unconventional vibe. So maybe cookies have potato chips or breakfast cereal ingredients. They would probably get along with Voodoo Doughnuts.

Just before my turn to go in, I heard someone coming out say "I am excited about that brownie." Once I saw the case I was pretty sure I knew what she meant.

Because there is a lot to choose from - and they may be busy - it is not a bad idea to review the options through their web page first. I wish I had.

Cupcakes have a vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting. I am a bit of a buttercream purist, but I think many people will enjoy the combination of the two.

Obviously I did go for the brownies. This one features cream cheese as well.

I don't remember seeing the label, but I believe this is the Gay Bar.

We shared a few cookies as well.  Our big disappointment was that we wanted to try the Sweet Corn cookies, and they didn't have them. It is probably a good idea to call ahead, but I also I think it may be best to embrace the weirdness. So we did try the Chip Chip Hooray cookies with potato chips, but maybe I should have gone for the Bacon Chocolate Chip, or the Ugly cookie.

Although it is sometimes shocking how expensive baked goods can be, prices are comparable to other bakeries. Way better than Crumbl.



https://www.thehungryhero.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment