Saturday, June 30, 2018

Beaverton, Oregon - Pho King Good

Pho King Good was delicious. I guess it lives up to its name that way.

The waiter said that the name gets people into the door, and that's why they have the cheesy name.

I am not sure that "cheesy" is exactly how it comes across, but it does work, and not only can you enjoy your time at the restaurant and check in, you can also buy a T-shirt - either just with the logo, or with "I love" plus the logo - and wear it on your chest. Or you may prefer to call it PKG.

Still, the pho is the point, and it was excellent.

I have not had pho for a long time, and I have been wanting to go since I knew the restaurant was there. My sisters were intrigued by the name. I admit I did not notice them when their name was Pho Wah.

There was a part of me that was reluctant to go with my family though. My sisters aren't as adventurous as I am anyway - beyond the lack of ties to SE Asian cuisine - and we took my mother. You cannot imagine how much of a relief it was when everyone loved it.

And that is reasonable, because the food is delicious. You can take your relatives who are suspicious of Vietnamese food and win them over.

The staff was friendly and the service was fast too. Prices were pretty good. I literally do not have a single bad thing to say about them.

There was something that surprised me; when looking at the menu before going there were none of the baked options I would expect, like hom bao and banh mi, and if I ever get lucky banh bo hap. That may be explained by the presence next door of Best Baguette, a sandwich place with Vietnamese options. I hope to get a chance to try them too. If they are as Good as Pho King, that section of Hall Boulevard in Beaverton is a actually a section of Vietnamese food Heaven.



http://www.phokinggood.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment