Saturday, May 10, 2014

Toronto CityPass

As much as I extolled the value of the Chicago CityPass, it was not the first place where I used one.

It did not end up being as spectacular for me, in that I only ended up using three of the five tickets. However, the price was still reasonable, and you might be able to use more.

First of all, let's get the two that I did not visit out of the way. They were for the Ontario Science Center and the Toronto Zoo.

The Science Center sounded rather like a Museum of Science and Industry, which I have a strange prejudice against, and I didn't really want to go that much. (That was the attraction we skipped in Chicago as well.)

I did really want to go to the zoo. I love zoos in general, and to make it even more intriguing, some penguins that were in transit from Atlanta to Toronto were on my flight. Chances are they would not have been on display yet if I had made it, but it was still kind of cool. (A zookeeper had them in a carrier in the back row.)

The issue with both was transportation. They were out of the way for walking, and they were not on the hop on/hop off tour that I had a two day pass for. The other three were. Getting to Casa Loma could be an issue too, if not for the tour, though the Royal Ontario Museum and the CN Tower are pretty easy to get to. In planning your trip to Toronto, you will need to think about transportation. 

I did think about taking a cab to the zoo, but I ended up getting pressed for time, so only used three of my tickets, but all three of those should be seen. The CN Tower is kind of just like the Space Needle or the Willis Tower - you ride an elevator up high and then look down - however, it is taller than either of those as the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere. Casa Loma is iconic and interesting, and the ROM has a great collection.

I will spend time on those individually, but for now, at least consider the CityPass. Once you decide what you want to see and compare the admission prices,  you should see that you are better off with it than without it.

www.citypass.com/toronto/

http://citysightseeingtoronto.com/Toronto-DoubleDeckerTour-Maps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment