Saturday, October 27, 2018

Spokane, Washington - Looff Carrousel

Charles Looff was a master builder of many rides and carousels. I object to the double-r spelling, but the sign confirms it.

The carousel was really pretty: all glass and gilt and white.

I had liked the more rustic nature of the carousel at Silverwood, but this was gorgeous.

There were plenty of horses available, but other animals as well. I rode a giraffe. (Girraffe?)

I was a little bit surprised at their insistence on using the safety straps, even for adults. I mean, I could see how it is necessary for children, but I would have to really work at falling off. Then I saw this.

If people are going to lean over to try and catch the brass ring, that really could make falling off easier. I do not object to the safety straps.

If you grab a ring, the next stop is to try and throw it into the pail of Garbage Goat (representing a nearby statue).

Getting a ring is not easy (especially with safety belts) but  for a couple of extra dollars you can get unlimited rides and have all day to practice.

https://spokanecarrousel.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment