Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Paramount Hotel Portland

http://www.portlandparamount.com/

Recently I scheduled some time for myself by making a reservation at the Paramount Hotel.

 One consideration was location, and the Paramount could not have been more convenient. I stepped off the MAX and walked one block past Director Park. Something that was kind of nice at a regular time felt especially helpful when walking over snow and ice.



The room was comfortably furnished. I especially liked the comfortable chair and ottoman with a 3-way bulb in the lamp right behind the chair. I did a lot of reading in there. I did not use the work desk as much as I might have, but at least the possibility was there.

Safe, fridge, and television were also there.



There were also several steps that they took toward being environmentally friendly, from refillable dispensers to instructions on how to get sheets and towels washed that make you think about whether they need to be washed or can be used again. This has become more common, but it is something I strongly believe in and appreciate. But i really chose this location and room for the tub.

I never get to soak in a bath. I did twice. This one fills quickly and has jets available. It is not long enough to fully stretch out in, because it runs up against a shower stall. After all, it is not always practical to soak. But it is an option here, and I took advantage of that.


I did not use the fitness or business centers, but I did stop by to check them out.

Your criteria may vary, but I enjoyed the getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment