Saturday, April 29, 2023

Beaverton - La Parrilla Kitchen on Hart Road

 After eating there, my sisters told me I had to try La Parrilla on Hart. I finally made it.

While I admit that a big part of what impressed them was desert, I am going to start with the entrees.

The menu is pretty broad, including a breakfast menu (the breakfast burrito looks really good) and some fairly robust seafood choices.

I got a tamale plate and was pretty happy with it. I declined beans (as is my wont). The salad was pretty bland, but that's not why you're there.

I had been tired of tamales because we were getting some really dry ones, but I was ready to try again. I did not regret it.

My sisters got burritos, as they tend to do. Their rice came with better presentation, though that is a minor detail.

I hadn't been out for Mexican lately, so it was nice to remember how good chips and salsa are. Their table salsa ran a bit hotter than I was expecting.

There are remedies if that is not hot enough.

If you need to cool down, then that probably requires a refreshing beverage.

But the most important part was the dessert, especially the churros. They also have flan and fried cheesecake.

I was surprised to find a creamy (kind of custard-like) filling. Personally, the fried doughy center is my favorite part, but it is an interesting twist.

COVID: They do have a small outdoor dining area. The restaurant is very popular, so expect a crowd, but even indoors the tables are well-spaced. That is also helpful for...

Accessibility: It looked pretty navigable to me. The entrance would probably be the hardest part the navigate. I regret now not checking out the bathroom situation, but we just ordered, ate, and left. There was a Street Fighter game if we had wanted to spend more time.

Please note: There is another La Parilla on Allen; we went to the one at 16300 SW Hart Road in Beaverton.

https://www.facebook.com/Laparrillakitchenbeaverton

https://la-parrilla-onhart-beaverton-menu.square.site/home

No comments:

Post a Comment