Saturday, January 15, 2022

Eugene, Oregon: Tracktown Pizza

On our way back from Wildlife Safari, I insisted that we stop at Tracktown Pizza. I hadn't been there since my graduation day in 1996.

Conveniently located across from the University of Oregon campus (pretty near the dorms where I stayed), Tracktown has been an institution for hungry college students. It honors the spirit of the school, including its athletic history. That is especially true of track and field, and maybe also especially of Steve Prefontaine.

I wasn't sure how much my memories of delicious pizza were real, or if it was just nostalgia. Nope; that pizza is delicious!

The closest equivalent in the Portland area is probably Pietro's for about that crust thickness and texture. I wouldn't want there to only be delicious pizza in one city anyway, but it was still very nice to revisit.

(Pictured: A half-Olympian, half-Hawaiian Punch)

COVID: It has been a few months since our visit, when it was possible to dine in, but the area was well-spaced out. They seemed to be doing a lot more delivery, which makes sense. Honestly, in my student days they also did a lot of delivery, but that didn't mean you couldn't find a crowd there, especially after games.


Accessibility: It seemed pretty navigable, though again, at a crowded time that might feel completely different. Delivery is always an option.

www.tracktownpizza.com


No comments:

Post a Comment