Saturday, April 7, 2018

Arctic Circle

Arctic Circle relates even more to travel - at least for my family - because going there requires some planning that we combine with other things. In addition to the Oregon locations of Woodburn and Newport, we have also been to one in Idaho Falls. There are a few things that make them stand out.

I do enjoy the fry sauce, which they are known for. I would be fine without it, so I will probably never buy a bottle of it to take away, but if I am there I am going to use it.

Even more important is that they have the great good sense to make their fries from Yukon Gold potatoes. I know there are many fine types of potatoes, but I am starting to realize that a lot of things that Russets can do, Yukon Golds can do better.

We gravitate toward the Angus beef burgers, but I appreciate that there are also salads, fish, and chicken options, and while it does not seem to be universal, I swear I have seen some other localized options like fajitas.

I am also a sucker for them including lime and cherry rickeys on the menu. No, I had never heard of them before, but it was still fun to try. To be fair, their selection of shakes is more alluring, but you can't have everything every time.

Mainly, it's something that we know is getting increasingly hard to find, so we feel a need to support the ones that are left. We have a childhood remembrance of Polar Pals (Arctic Circle claims to have invented the kid's meal), the food is good, and any time we go we are on a vacation or a day trip, so it is fun for us.

http://acburger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment