Saturday, May 6, 2017

Main Street Electrical Parade

Although I had been to Disneyland three times when I was a kid, and have had a few trips in adulthood, this was my first time viewing the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Some of that is timing, and some of it is having a family that does not have a lot of patience for parades, though I tend to enjoy them, at least at Disneyland.

Since we were going to be there at a time in which it was possible to view the limited revival of the parade, we had to do that.

And the amazing thing about that is how familiar the parade was anyway, despite never having seen it. There's the turtle!

I guess we saw enough commercials for it, or Disney specials, or something; somehow we knew what was in it. Part of Disney's brilliance is balancing familiar and novel.

Because of that history, it was exciting to be there. It isn't necessarily the best parade, being a little bit garish (and antiquated) compared to some of the others.

It was really hard to get photos. Moving things in the dark is not my specialty anyway, but there are so many little lights that you may not get a clear view of anything - it is all outlines.

Then again, I am also the person who feels like the World of Color is a real missed opportunity too, so maybe I am not the best judge of.. THERE'S ELLIOT!



And I guess the slice of Americana at the end was kind of a surprise, though it couldn't be that big a surprise - we were on Main Street.

Once is probably enough, but I am glad for that once.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entertainment/disneyland/electrical-parade/

No comments:

Post a Comment