Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pennsylvania and Minnesota Overview






It's normal after I finish the micro-blogging about a vacation that I think about what we should have done differently. The great thing about this trip is that the initial answer is not very much.

If I think harder I can come up with things. We would have skipped Hershey Park and instead gotten in the museum and the garden. We might have chosen a different hotel.

If we knew we were skipping Hershey Park - which after Labor Day is only open on weekends - that could have given us some more leeway for maybe spending more time in Philadelphia, which has a lot to see (probably too much for one trip). It would have been good to go into the Hard Rock Cafe in Philadelphia.

Those still all feel really minor. We had a great time. We saw a lot of different things and used our time well. This trip and the Chicago trip really stand out as having been planned well. It would be nice to think that means we are becoming better travelers, but I can rule out the possibility that it is simply that these are great cities where it is easy to get the advance information you need. Of course, we are still pretty good travelers.

That makes it hard to wonder when I am ever going to go on a vacation again. I have some local things to blog about, and maybe I can keep finding more of those, but I may run out of posts, and that will feel like its own loss, but not enough to distract from the greater loss of missing going somewhere. We will have to see.

For now there are a lot of great memories captured here, along with some not great photos that I still like a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment