Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sesame Place - Dry Attractions








http://sesameplace.com/en/langhorne/play/dry-fun/

With more than half of the park being a water park, there is a pretty strong delineation. Whereas many theme parks will have some kind of ride that splashes you, these rides did not have water, and with the exception of the Mix and Match Twiddle Tracks, they were not even near the water.

(That is because Twiddle Bugs are not monsters. The other rides are monster-themed, and in Monster Land.)

Rides do not specifically work to accommodate larger guests. Some of them can, but it is not a given.

Again, I have to give a lot of credit to the artistic incorporation of the theme. This made the Monster Mix Up my favorite, because seeing the monsters in disco regalia while twirling in the tea cups was pretty cool, and the glittery disco ball and classic disco songs were not lacking.

For sheer artwork our favorite was probably the Sunny Day Carousel. While all of the mounts were horses, they were muppet horses, and looked fantastic. Pictures of non-horse muppets decorated the ride, and best of all there was a bench with Slimey on one side and Bert's pigeon Bernice on the other. Adorable! However, the mounting of the horses was pretty uncomfortable. It may work better for lifting smaller children on that way. Also, it was mandatory to wear the safety straps, which seemed silly for adults.

My sisters thought that Captain Cookie's High "C's" Adventure was the cutest. I'm still voting for Disco Cookie Monster, but the nautical ride was also pretty cute.

My least favorite was Flyin' Fish, and this is solely based on the look of the ride. Elmo is not my favorite monster, possibly because I have no childhood associations, possibly because of the hype. Anyway, this ride has various fish as the vehicles, with variation for the type of fish, like the angelfish has a halo. That could be clever, but also each fish has an Elmo face, and also there is a clownfish, and I find clown Elmo downright ugly. That may be just me.

The other ride I want to mention as pleasantly surprising was the Peek-A-Bug. It is a car on a short arc, and while I have seen them in traveling fun centers, I have never ridden one. Given the shortness of the track I wasn't expecting much, but even though the track does not give the vehicle a lot of ride to move, the body slips and turns on top of it. It gave more bang for the buck than I had thought possible.

There are slides and playhouses and things that can be used for kids to burn up their energy while staying dry, which I'm sure is useful for parents.

They did also have a midway with various games, but we did not really try any of them. 

They are adding two new rides according to the web page, though they appear to be behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment