Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Ten Oldest Buildings in Portland

This was another thing we did locally. I know it was also in 2011, because the pictures were in the same photo file as the Allure of the Automobile exhibit.

An article had appeared in the Oregonian in 2010. There is a link, but the print article had photos of each and a map:

http://www.oregonlive.com/O/index.ssf/2010/02/portlands_oldest_buildings_dow.html


I thought it would be fun to check out, but it took us a while to get around to it. All of the buildings are on the West side, and fairly close to the river, but they are in two clusters, one South and one North. Because of this, it is not practical to visit them in chronological order, or you will be going back and forth a lot.

Mainly, I love Portland and I love history, and it wasn't a bad way to spend some time.

The most frustrating thing about this is that I don't think I still have the paper we used, and the linked article does not include the addresses, which were underneath the pictures. Therefore I can tell you only one addess, of the Hallock McMillan Building at SW Naito and Oak.

See if you can guess which historical building has had a kind of shell built over it!














No comments:

Post a Comment