Saturday, August 16, 2014

Oahu - Aloha Stadium Swap Meet

http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/

I am not sure about how important the Swap Meet really is. It is a traditional thing to go. I guess it depends on how much you want to get in the way of souvenirs.

People will especially tell you that you need to go for the T-shirts. I did purchase some, because my Italian family likes American T-shirts, so that seemed like a good investment. Also if you want things like magnets or key chains or things like that, you can find pretty good deals here. This was where Maria got souvenirs for her class.

Many of the souvenir vendors are practically identical, with similar merchandise and prices, so wandering around can feel pretty repetitive. It may be best to do one broad circle, and then decide what you want.

In addition to very inexpensive souvenirs, you can find handicrafts here too, which will be more expensive but still reasonable. There was also a good selection of Hawaiian shirts.

I guess my lack of enthusiasm is because I am not that into shopping. Most people feel that it is much better to shop here than in town, based on prices alone. Still, my sisters thought it was overrated too. I guess what I should say is that we were not impressed but many people will tell you that we are wrong, so don't listen to us.

If you do not want a lot of souvenirs, it is still worth considering in that it is really close to Pearl Harbor, so if you go to Pearl Harbor on a day when the Swap Meet is open (Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday), it just makes sense to stop by.

I do not remember an admission charge, but that might be because we walked there, as something else made it sound like a per vehicle charge. We took the bus to Pearl Harbor, walked to the Swap Meet, and then grabbed the bus back into town and it was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment