Saturday, February 22, 2014

Return to Canada






I am now caught up on travel that happened between when I finished writing about Australia, and since I started updating this blog again, and I am not sure when I am going to go somewhere next.

I would like to go over some local attractions as well, and you can't keep me from traveling for long, but there are some places that we visited before Australia that I either never wrote about, or wrote something general on the main blog, where I probably do have some things to say. There are some complications, like only having non-digital prints of some spots, but we'll see how it goes.

For now, two places that I have been drawn to are the trip that we took before I started blogging again, to visit a friend in Vancouver BC (2011), and a trip I took in 2006 to Toronto. So, basically the next few posts will be about Canada.

Before I really get into them I want to give some background. Growing up in a large family that was not particularly wealthy, anywhere we went was by driving. (The first time I stepped on a plane was leaving for the Missionary Training Center at the age of 21.)

We went to a lot of places within Oregon, some of which are pretty dimly remembered. We could also go down to California, visiting cousins in Redding, or sometimes going to Disneyland, and one time even parking in Calexico, California and walking across the border, spending the afternoon in Mexicali, California.

But also, sometimes, we would head up to Canada, ending up in either Vancouver or Victoria, but never on the same trip. It was only after the 2011 trip that I understood why.

No comments:

Post a Comment